CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yummy!

So I mentioned before that I have had some frustration with Uriah as far as eating is concerned. I waited until he was 6 months old to give him anything other than milk, and then I was so ready for him to be interested in other things, but he wasn't! I tried so hard starting in November to spoon feed him, and he just absolutely refused! I felt like I was force feeding him; I got enough sweet potato, apple, pear, and carrot down to know he was okay with them, but we were both miserable trying. And then when he got a little older I tried teething buscuits, puffs, or cherrios but he doesn't put anything in his mouth...nothing! On Christmas day, he opened his mouth for a few bites of rice cereal; I was so excited thinking we had a breakthough...nope, he was just being nice for the holiday, I guess :) So I have been trying it a little here and there, but I stopped trying so hard. I figured he will let me know when he is ready.

So this weekend, he decided to open his mouth for me! I am so proud of him! He had 2 ice cubes of pear with some rice cereal! yeah!!! When I tried to sneak in some carrot he was done, but he did it!! And then he had a cherrio too! What a fun 'first'! I hope he's not a picky eater like his mommy :(
Enjoy some pictures. He turned 9 months just a few days ago!
Showing you his cherrio!
9 months
"Big Boy" and his dog

2 comments:

3 Zepeda's said...

He's getting so big!!! Don't be discouraged Jess - he will eat when he is ready. Isaac didn't start eating until food until closer to 8 and 9 months - and even then it wasn't always easy. Now he almost refuses baby food and wants real food- so I heat up peas and carrots because they are soft and mushy and he can pick them up! You're doing a great job with him! Hang in there!!! Love you!

ejakovljevic said...

love seeing all the photos, the 9 month photo is my favorite!